Glass jars are used throughout many industries in an array of highly diverse applications. To meet various needs, they are produced in many shapes, sizes, colors, and thicknesses. Whether straight-sided, square, hexagonal, or another unique style, glass jars are valued for their ability to protect products without interacting with them chemically.
Since glass is nonporous, the products it contains remain completely sealed from outside environments, protecting product taste, efficacy, scent, and more. Additionally, while consumers might fear the bioactive chemicals in plastics, glass is free from these chemicals and perceived as a healthier choice. This blog post will discuss the different applications of glass jars throughout various industries, as well as their benefits.
Glass Jar Uses
In comparison to other types of containers, glass jars serve several unique purposes relating to storage and display. Not only are they a trusted means of keeping contaminants out of a product, but they also ensure product safety and quality since they are unaffected by external temperatures. For these reasons, they are widely used to protect perishable items.
When a product should be clearly visible to the consumer, glass jars are a popular choice. By choosing colored glass and unique shapes, glass bottles can attractively display the products contained within while effectively portraying brand identity. Glass is considered a premium quality material that is more highly sought-after by consumers than alternatives such as plastics.
Specialty jars are easily customized to meet the needs of highly diverse applications. In addition to different shapes, sizes, and thicknesses, glass jars are also produced in an assortment of lid styles. Due to its versatile nature, many industries rely on glass jars to protect their products, such as:
- Food & beverage: Honey, jam, syrups, sauces, soda, and other drinks
- Personal care: Creams, lotions, perfumes, oils, nail polishes
- Home: Candles, decorative jars, diffusers, refillable soap containers, vases
Benefits of Using Glass Jars
For nearly any application, choosing glass jars over other materials comes with numerous benefits. Some of the most significant advantages of glass include:
- Sustainability. Infinitely recyclable, glass contributes to waste reduction and cost reduction while being more environmentally friendly than alternative materials.
- Protection. Glass is better for the food and beverage industry than alternative packaging methods since it keeps taste and flavor intact, extending freshness. Glass also withstands environmental heat and cold exposure better than certain alternative materials.
- Health benefits. Glass resists chemical contamination and is non-toxic. Unlike some plastics, it is free of BPA.
- Visual appeal. Glass jars look clean and are high quality. Clear jars allow the product to be completely visible while remaining protected.
Consumers view glass as a clean, sustainable, and high quality material. In addition to being available in numerous styles, glass jars are also easily customized with eye-catching decorations that communicate branding and grab consumers’ attention.
Glass Jars at WB Bottle
WB Bottle Supply Company, Inc. was founded 90 years ago and is currently the most complete full-line glass jar and bottle supplier in Wisconsin, serving customers on a global scale. In addition to our extensive in-stock product line, we also offer full-service decorating capabilities, including an in-house graphic design team, as well as silk screening and pressure-sensitive labeling.
We offer single and multi-color decorating options to create professional-looking products with vibrant and accurately recreated colors. Whether you need a few cases or a few truckloads, WB Bottle can meet your needs with competitive freight weights and on-time delivery. Whatever your industry, our team can develop a customized solution that addresses all of your needs and sets your product apart from the competition.